Front Page News

ROMS Parent Letter #2 - April 3, 2020

Picture of Taylor Musgrave
ROMS Parent Letter #2 - April 3, 2020
by Taylor Musgrave - Friday, 3 April 2020, 4:38 PM

HzX94BOTPO2QjMvo6ZWPGh7YFR9nvKoMa0jHYkJckqz2pVPbPXJyn2As4XzWs50lZfzkkrXbSpQMZ92i3OX4lxPExTpYx_j87ngRVb6W13Cs0OyGBqK2r0xsX74CKCN93mROoa2c                 News From Royal Oak Middle School

April 3, 2020

Dear ROMS Parents and Guardians,

I want to share with students and parents some information that we believe will help make the transition to virtual learning helpful:

• Core learning - Core Teachers are reaching out to families and are taking time to connect.  We realize that everyone is in different circumstances, but we will provide students with approximately 10 hours of learning opportunities a week as per the guidelines from the Ministry of Education.  Next week (April 6-10, 2020), teachers will help their students become familiar with the technology they will need to use by starting to share some activities that students can work on at home. More developed learning opportunities will be offered to start the week after Easter.

• Saanich Learns - SD #63 has put together a website with links to resources that teachers and parents can utilize to help students.  https://learn.saanichschools.ca/?redirect=0 Parents can click on RESOURCES and then PARENT/GUARDIAN to find links to websites that are no-cost, aligned with many curriculum goals and objectives and are readily available to be explored.  

• Entering the School - If students need to enter the school to get supplies, please go to our website tomorrow (Sat April 4 starting at noon) to sign up for a time to come into the school.  There are times available in 15 mins slots (5 students at a time) between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm on April 7-9 (Tues/Wed/Thurs).

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.  Please continue to social distance, and together we can get through this challenge.  

Stay Safe,

Karen MacEwan, Principal