Front Page News

Royal Oak Middle School Administrative Announcement

Picture of Taylor Musgrave
Royal Oak Middle School Administrative Announcement
by Taylor Musgrave - Tuesday, 20 April 2021, 8:57 AM

Hello ROMS Families,

We wanted to let you know about an upcoming change at Royal Oak for next year. Our wonderful Vice-Principal, David Mark, will be moving to North Saanich Middle School next year in his new role as Principal!  I know you will join me in congratulating David on this promotion, although we are sad to see him leave our Royal Oak community. I will miss working with him - I have so appreciated his team approach, his middle school expertise and his leadership at ROMS.   

I am very pleased to be welcoming Sara Postlethwaite to our school community as Vice-Principal! 

Ms. Postlethwaite comes to us from her position as Vice-Principal at Sidney elementary, having taught before that at Kelset Elementary and many many years at North Saanich Middle School. She is a middle school champion through and through - I know she is thrilled about her new role at Royal Oak! We will arrange for Sara to come and do some visits in May/June to meet our staff and students, and also to attend a PAC mtg. I look forward to creating a new partnership with Sara as we move forward into the 2021-22 school year.

Sincerely,

Karen MacEwan, Principal