Community News

Music Lessons

Picture of Taylor Musgrave
Music Lessons
by Taylor Musgrave - Thursday, 4 February 2021, 11:21 AM

Hello parents!

For those of you who I do not know, my name is Julia Hensley, I am 22, and for the past four years I’ve been running a music studio on Vancouver Island! I am offering a unique selection of lessons, including singing, violin, piano, guitar, ukulele and music theory. 

Singing:
I completed my degree in opera singing at UVIC, and so I offer traditional classical singing lessons or ‘pop’ singing lessons. I have been studying classical singing from the time I was 8 years old, and my studies have brought me all the way to a Conservatory in Italy and back!

Violin:
I studied classical violin in the Suzuki method from the time I was 5 until my first year of college, from one of the very first Suzuki teachers to come to Canada, whose teacher was in fact Suzuki himself. I am also more than happy to focus on fiddle music if that is what you prefer. In fact, in the past I have taught at the Salt Spring Fiddle camp, as well as at the Sunshine Coast fiddle camp!

Piano:
I offer beginner-intermediate piano lessons; I began learning the piano when I was four, and continued that off and on throughout my life, with singing and violin as my primary focus. For several years I studied with one of Canada’s most sought after instructors, Robert Holliston.

Guitar/ukulele: 
With both of my parents as guitar teachers, I inevitably learned to play the guitar and ukulele as well. I very much enjoy teaching this in correlation with singing/songwriting! 

Due to the impact of COVID-19, all lessons will be held online until further notice.
Thank you for your flexibility in trying things a new way. 

I’ve worked with various educational facilities, and I am approved by the BC School Board to work with children.

If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to be in touch!

Thanks very much, 
Julia