Front Page News

Happy Holidays Message

Picture of Taylor Musgrave
Happy Holidays Message
by Taylor Musgrave - Friday, 18 December 2020, 11:15 AM

Dear ROMS families,

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish our entire Royal Oak community a safe and happy holiday!  2020 has been quite a year, and I know that we are all looking forward to 2021 and the hope that the new year brings.  Thank you to all our families for your trust, your patience and your flexibility as we continue to navigate these uncertain times together. 

Despite the challenges, our students have continued to learn, to grow and to have fun at Royal Oak! Such activities as our Terry Fox Run, Halloween Dress Up Day, virtual Remembrance Day Assembly, Crazy Hat/Hair Day, Band Video Concert, intramurals, badminton club, Gr 8 leadership . . . . and many more have been highlights in the first term.   Our First Annual Can Drive Challenge saw students bring in over 2000 canned items for the Mustard Seed Food Bank and resulted in a lot of fun on the last day of school.  You might want to ask your child about what Mr. Mark and I had to do (the photo included here will give you a hint!)

We are looking forward to having everyone back on Monday, January 4th for the start of a new year!

Karen MacEwan
Principal