Just a quick message to thank our staff, students and families for an excellent orientation week! We have worked hard this week to put all the safety procedures in place and to adjust our ROMS routines to meet the health and safety guidelines. Our students came to their orientation sessions this week with their masks, their smiles and their optimism . . . ready for a great year. They listened attentively to the safety information shared by their teachers and we are looking forward to having everyone in the building next week.
I think we all understand that school will not look the same as it did before the pandemic, but please know that we are doing our best to make it as "normal" as it can be while still following all the safety protocols necessary to keep everyone safe. Below you will find some important pieces of information that you will need to know for our first full day on Mon, Sept 14:
- All students will meet on the field ready for a full day of school (8:55-3:08pm)
- Student should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of the school day
- Cones will be spread out across the field in a distanced manner, students will line up behind their cone wearing a mask
- Teachers will meet their class on the field and enter the school via their assigned doors (taking turns to enter their door one class at a time)
- Reusable masks have been purchased by the school district and each ROMS student will be given TWO masks by their classroom teacher on Monday
Notices Coming Home
- On Mon, Sept 14 your child will bring home two copies of the Daily Health Check that families are required to go through with their child every morning before sending them to school
- The PINK copy will stay at home - please place it on the fridge or bulletin board so you can access it every day
- Please return the WHITE copy back to school with your child on Tues, Sept 15 with a signature to acknowledge that you have received the health check form and understand that it is the family's responsibility to complete this check every morning
- you will receive the usual "Start Up package" in a white envelope later in the week with the regular forms that you are used to completing in September
Thank you for your support and your patience as we enter this new school year!