Front Page News

Principal's Summer Message

Picture of Taylor Musgrave
Principal's Summer Message
by Taylor Musgrave - Tuesday, 30 June 2020, 2:38 PM

Dear ROMS families,
Well, it has been quite a year! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank our ROMS community for your support during this unprecedented time.  I also want to thank our amazing ROMS staff for your work this year - the compassionate and care you have shown to our students and families has been remarkable!

While we don't yet know what September will bring, we do know that we will continue to take our guidance from the Provincial Health Offier and the Ministry of Education in determining how we move forward safely in the fall.  Please check the district website for further information at the end of August.  We will also send an email to all Royal Oak families at the end of summer with further information about school start up that is specific to ROMS.

We wish everyone  all the best as we head off into summer!  We will miss our wonderful Gr 8 group who are transitioning to highschool in September.  We wish you well as you enter this new stage in your learning journey!

This pandemic has been a challenge in learning to navigate uncertainty, but it has also been an opportunity for great growth and resilience.  I wish you all a wonderful and safe summer, and I look forward to seeing everyone back in September.

Karen MacEwan
Principal

(Edited by Karen MacEwan - original submission Tuesday, 30 June 2020, 2:38 PM)