Front Page News

ROMS Parent Update #6 - May 22, 2020

Picture of Taylor Musgrave
ROMS Parent Update #6 - May 22, 2020
by Taylor Musgrave - Friday, 22 May 2020, 8:45 PM

mv7GCFCffT8IHRuVh7bXHiq5bIdU1425wn2I_72dlW0t_VtM99neR_Rnz-4-_IZT41gHBP9lZmw0be45zcpWAifgGCjdhv6ld4bPWAkXncwE7JoTzGW4n0zBMBmLdH2uUKulyysA         News From Royal Oak Middle School

May 22, 2020

Dear ROMS Parents and Guardians,

You have already received an update from our Superintendent today about the partial return to school starting June 1st.  I wanted to take a moment to let you know a little bit more about what this will look like at Royal Oak.  We will be working out most of the details throughout the week next week, but I did want to let you know that we have had nearly 400 families return the survey to say that their child will be returning to school.  Clearly, students are excited about returning to ROMS!  As we can only have 20% of our student population attend on any given day, we will have students attend in small groups on one day per week. The groups will be assigned in alphabetical order (by last name).  The classroom teacher will be organizing the groupings and will let you know via email by Wed, May 27th which day your child will attend.  Unfortunately, we will not be able to be flexible regarding the day of the week that your child has been scheduled as we have strict guidelines around the number of students allowed in the building at any given time.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process.  The survey has now closed, so please send an email to royaloak@saanichschools.ca if you have changed your mind about your child returning to school in June.  

Looking forward to seeing many of our students back soon,

Karen MacEwan, Principal