Schools are invited to bring a delegation of up to 10 students. Tickets are $35/student and teacher chaperones are free. Lunch is provided. In an effort to make this opportunity accessible to all students, bursaries and partial bursaries to cover the registration fee are available upon request (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
More information about the conference and registration can be found online at www.stmarg.ca/stemcon . Please note that the registration deadline is on Friday, March 15th.
The STEM Con team is excited to announce a few of the confirmed session presenters:
- Sonia Furstenau and Adam Olsen, Members of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia for the Green Party, Cowichan Valley and Saanich North, respectively
- Anastasia Castro, Gr. 11 student and co-recipient of the Saanich Council Youth Environmental award
- Jennifer Jackson, Physical Oceanography Research Scientist with the Hakai Institute
- Laura Grondahl, Software Developer with LlamaZOO interactive
- Lauren Eckert, National Geographic Explorer and Conservation Scientist in Graduate studies at the University of Victoria
- Ocean Networks Canada
- Sarah Shephard, Mechanical Engineer focussing on energy efficiency, sustainability and energy modelling with Focal Engineering
- Shirley Ho, Senior Designer at Microsoft
- St. Margaret’s School Green Club
- A panel of the recipients of the Women in Technology Scholarships
Please be in touch should you have any questions regarding the conference - email@example.com . We are looking forward to hosting your school’s delegation on April 26th!