Front Page News

Year End Message from Ms. Hunter

Picture of Donna Punt
Year End Message from Ms. Hunter
by Donna Punt - Friday, 30 June 2017, 8:22 AM

Ms. Hunter's Year End Message: 

I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt appreciation for the fantastic year we have had in 2016/17 

As I mentioned this morning in our final assembly, Royal Oak School is housed in a beautiful building but what makes it unique and special are the people in it. Each day our staff, students and parents make Royal Oak a vibrant, joyful and engaging learning community. I feel privileged to be part of something so special. 

I would like to acknowledge five staff members who are retiring this year: Ms. Alison McIlwraith, Ms. Brenda Walker, Mr. Phil Large, Mr. Lyle Melnyk and Mrs. Donna Melnyk. All five of these staff members have made immeasurable contributions to our community. They can be proud of careers spent in service and will likely never know the scope of their positive impact on students, colleagues and parents. We are eternally grateful for you. 

Finally, a message to our grade 8's. You an empathetic, intelligent and self-aware group of truly kind people. We are so excited for your next adventure and the impact you will make on the world. Bon Voyage and enjoy your next adventure. 

To those families returning, have a safe and happy summer and we will see you in September!!! 

Sincerely 

Carly Hunter, Proud Principal!