Daily Announcements

I AM STRONG July 9-August 27 6:00-7:30 pm

Picture of Donna Punt
I AM STRONG July 9-August 27 6:00-7:30 pm
by Donna Punt - Monday, 25 June 2018, 9:08 AM

IAMSTRONG.png

I Am Strong is a local initiative started in January 2018 that strives to empower young self-identified girls through movement and conversation. We deliver programs of body image discussion, journalling, exercise, yoga and meditation. In a fun and inclusive environment, we create positive fitness experiences that foster self-confidence, cultivate real social connection, and emphasize the “feel” over the “look”. Our team and community aims to provide young girls with tools and resources that give them the confidence to connect with their true selves, discover and take pride in their physical capacity, and develop positive support networks. 

Steph Galitzine (3 years Camosun Volleyball, Bachelor of Sport and Fitness Leadership - Exercise and Wellness 3rd year student, and Certified Personal Trainer), Katie Wayling (2 years Camosun Volleyball, BSFL - ExWell 3rd year student, 200hr YTT), Brooke Dendl (BSFL - ExWell 3rd year student, CPT) and Flora Manson-Blair (200hr YTT) will be leading the Summer Series.