Friday, June 8, 2018
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Grade 8 Farewell: Around the World Extravaganza – Monday, June 25th at 6:00 pm. Open to all Grade 8 students. Tickets on sale today during lunch activity time. Tickets are $15. each. Buy your ticket today!
Homework Club: A reminder to students and teachers that homework club is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:00-9:00 am and Tuesday and Thursday from 3:10-4:10 in Room 215.
Come to homework club if you are looking for extra support to complete your work.
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF):
Support the Cause – please consider donating $2. towards the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. On sale at lunch recess – come see us down by the MPR.
From the LC - a reminder from Ms. Lindsay that ALL library books are due next Friday, June 15. Start looking for them now!
ROMS TV - our next crew for ROMS TV, starting on Monday, will be Larkyn, 6-2, Mikyla B., 6-5 and Anika K., M-6. See you on Monday in block 2.
Pizza Day – Classes will be called in the following order: Thunderbird hallway, Wolf, Orca and then Raven.
The 2017/2018 School Athletics year is officially over. Thanks to all of the coaches who helped make this season a success and supported our teams and programs. We could not have done it without you! Students who may have accidentally taken a ROMS jersey home, are asked to return it to the PE office ASAP. Go Eagles!
All members of athletic leadership are asked to come down to the gym right after block 3 today to begin set up for ROMS Survivor.
Attention all students who signed up for Survivor ROMS. Today is the first day of competition and we are ready to roll at the beginning of lunch recess. All teams are asked to come promptly down to the gym after block 3 in their team uniforms. We will begin soon afterwards. Teams that make it through this first round of competition will move on to compete next Friday in round 2. Let the games begin!
ROMS PARENT REVIEW:
School District is putting together a group to walk in this year's
pride parade. We would like to include as many teachers, students and
families as possible! We would be walking with a SD63 banner and
promoting diversity and inclusiveness in our schools.
If you and your family are interested in walking in the pride parade, please let us know so we can start getting numbers together . There is no cost, we will simply meet that morning then have a great time walking together! We will also give out a T-shirt with the district logo for you to wear.
Please contact Aoy Broome at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for additional information.
**A REMINDER TO ALL PARENTS THAT IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE RIDING A SCHOOL BUS NEXT SCHOOL YEAR YOU MUST REGISTER THEM WITH THE TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT BEFORE THE END OF JUNE – visit www.sd63.bc.ca transportation or our school website for more information.
A reminder to parents to contact the ROMS Safe Arrival Line at 250-479-0999 or <span style="background:transparent;">mailto:email@example.com</span> if your child will be absent or late.
The positions that are still available are the following:
· convene and preside at all general, special, and executive meetings;
· be the official spokesperson on behalf of the Council;
· consult with Council members;
· ensure that an agenda is prepared and sent to members and that minutes are approved circulated as appropriate;
· appoint committees where authorized by the membership or executive;
· liaise with special committees as needed and be an ex-officio member of all committees;
· ensure that the Council is represented in school and district activities;
· communicate with the school principal on behalf of the Council;
· ensure constitution and bylaws are followed and are reviewed and updated each year;
· be a strong advocate for meaningful parent involvement in the school;
· ensure a Nominating Committee is formed prior to each AGM;
· be a signing officer
Thrifty Foods Smile Cards Coordinator
· Issue smile cards to incoming grade 6 families and anyone else who is interested in participating in the smile card fundraiser;
· Submit an application for the Smile Card Program to Thrifty Foods in May. Thrifty Foods works with one contact person from the school only. This will be the person who submitted the application.
If you want to see events and services similar to what we have accomplished in the past continue for next school year, please take the time to nominate parent/guardians for executive positions. You may nominate yourself if you are interested in holding a position. Please email <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> email@example.com we will be hosting a final executive meeting on June 14th with the current executives as well the new incoming executives. Hope to see the PAC executives positions filled by then.
Together the parents of Royal Oak Middle School can continue to make our school a great place for our kids, and I think you will all agree…OUR kids are worth it!!
Thank you for your continued support!!!