ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
There is a grade 6 bass guitar sectional today at 12:47. Please bring your lunch.
Stage Band: There is a Stage Band rehearsal today at 1:16.
Mountain Bike Club; A reminder that the Mountain Bike Club rides tomorrow after school, don't forget to bring your bike to school.
ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak and welcome to the ROMS News. Today is Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 and here is what is happening at 751 Travino Lane.
Do you know that there are 13 more school days (including today) before summer break begins?
Did you also know that in one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors. That’s incredible!
Riddle: Wednesday, Tom and Joe went to a restaurant and ate dinner. When they were done they paid for the food and left. But Tom and Joe didn't pay for the food. Who did?
1) Today's weather: Currently it’s 12 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud and a 20% chance of rain. This afternoon, 17 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud and a 20% chance of rain.
2) There are a lot of school events starting up. Be sure to listen to the morning announcements to see where you might get involved in your school.
3) Keep up your recycling. Recycling reduces the amount of garbage we send to our landfill.
4) Pizza day and chocolate milk is this Friday. You have to love pizza!!
5) End of the Year Library Book Return: Hopefully you’ve found all your library books and have already returned them. Any book that has been signed out this week still needs to be returned BY Friday June 16th. If you have some sitting at home, in your locker, or in your desk, please return them to the Learning Commons right away. Yummy ice-cream sundaes to the first three classes to have all their books returned by Friday! The winners of the book return will be announce after the full inventory has been completed by Mr. Ball and Ms. Rayner. With 15 thousand books in the library, this can take a bit of time to complete, so please be patient. Any book that has not been returned will follow you into the next grade, all the way up to graduation. Don’t let a lost book get in the way of your future borrowing privileges. Be proactive and take responsibility for any lost or damaged books you signed out to you.
And now for the answer to the riddle: Wednesday (the name of the third person in the group, not the day)
That concludes our TV news cast! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your #1 station! If it is happening, it is happening here on 751 TV
Beacon Community Services is hosting free summer counseling groups for girls ages 11-14 with anxiety.
Rain or Shine - “Weathering Anxiety” Thursdays, July 6-August 24, 2017, 1-3 pm To register http://www.beaconcs.ca/ or more information 250-216-8435.
With the 2017/2018 ROMS Athletics year just months away, we will be needing community members and parents to help with the supervision, coaching, and transportation for our many teams. School District 63 requires that adults who can assist is any of these ways have an up to date Criminal Record Check on file with our school. Parents are encouraged to get this done now, and avoid the busy start of the year in September when it can take over a month for this to be processed. Our Royal Oak students and staff really appreciate the help with our school teams and are a big part of the success of our Athletics program. Please contact Mr. Menzies or the school office for details.
Home stay Families Wanted In Saanich. See our main web page or email: email@example.com
Field trips: A reminder to parents that the school is busy with field trips at this time of year. If your child has an Epi Pen – please make sure that you send it with your child on the field trip.
School Supplies 2017-18 On-line ordering: The PAC has been working with Monks Office Supply to put together a school package for ordering school supplies on-line. Please visit our school website at for instructions on ordering. PAC Code: 38C7C6
Attached are the school supply list for 2017-18 for your convenience.
Grade 8 Families
Grade 8 Farewell:
Volunteer Sign Up:
Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="font-style:normal;">
All students who arrive late for school (last late bell rings at 9:04 am) much check in with the office.
Remember to visit our school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca