ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
There is a grade 6 trumpet sectional today at 12:47. Please bring your lunch.
Today's Stage Band rehearsal has been moved to Thursday. Please see Mrs. G if you have any questions.
8 Band Rehearsal:
There is an extra band rehearsal for Grade 8's today at 1:16. All members must attend.
Craft Club: Today at 1:16 in room 125.
Canteen today: On sale at recess -cookies, smoothies, mac & cheese
Mountain Bike Club; A reminder that the Mountain Bike Club rides tomorrow after school, don't forget to bring your bike to school.
Canteen tomorrow: Popcorn sold every Wednesday at first recess. Popcorn $1.50,
Grade 8 Farewell; A reminder to Grade 8 students that this Thursday and Friday are the final days to purchase your ticket to the Grade 8 Farewell. Cost $10. On sale during second recess only. Don't miss out!
Track & Field: Attention all students attending the City Final Track meet tomorrow at UVIC! There will be a mandatory meeting today at second recess in the gym for all track athletes. Mr. Menzies attended the LIMSSA seeding meeting last night and has the final rosters for who is competing in each event. Students are required to know who is driving them to the meet tomorrow and home as Mr. Menzies will be recording this today at the meeting. That's a mandatory track meeting, today, in the gym, at second recess. See you there!
ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak and welcome to the first day of June (the first day of the last month of school)! Here are the News stories you have been waiting for. Today is Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 and here is what is happening at 751 Travino Lane.
Did you know that there is a medical term for ‘runny nose’? It’s Rhinorrhea.
Did you also know that each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.
Riddle: If you were given three jelly beans and were told that you could only have one every half hour, how long would it take to eat all three jelly beans?
Answer: 1 hour! Eat the first jelly bean right away, then half an hour later eat the second, then half an hour after that eat the last one.
Fact: If you start counting at one and spell out the numbers as you go, you won't use the letter "A" until you reach 1,000.
1) Today's weather: It’s another sunny day today! Currently it’s 14 degrees out there with a 20% chance of rain. This afternoon it’s expected to reach 21 degrees with a 20% chance of rain.
2) There are a lot of school events starting up. Be sure to listen to the morning announcements to see where you might get involved in your school.
3) Keep up your recycling. Recycling reduces the amount of garbage we send to our landfill.
4) Pizza day and chocolate milk is this Friday. You have to love pizza!!
5) Having troubles finding a good book to read? Visit our Learning Commons. There is a new display called “Reading the North” just as you enter. Check it out!
6) End of the Year Library Book Return: Do you have books signed out under your name? Are you finished with them? Why not return them now! 8 more school days until all library books are due for the year. You are expected to have all your books back by Friday June 16th. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd class to bring back all of their books - including teachers - win a prize! Start looking for those books now and speak with Mr. Ball or Mrs. Rayner if you are unable to locate your books. The earlier you start looking the easier it will be for your class to win.
That concludes our TV news cast! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your #1 station! If it is happening, it is happening here on 751 TV
Home stay Families Wanted In Saanich. See our main web page or email: email@example.com
On behalf of the Saanich Peninsula's Local Action Team for Child and Youth Mental Health and Substance Use, we are pleased to welcome Dr. Martin Brokenleg to the Saanich community. Based on traditional Indigenous practices, Dr. Brokenleg demonstrates how to raise happy, secure, capable, and giving individuals. This free workshop is designed for educators, support staff, parents, and community to live with purpose and to model these teachings, which reflect the BC Ministry of Education's Core Competencies. More information on Dr. Brokenleg and the evening's presentation is attached. Registration link is below.
Social and Emotional Learning
presented by Dr. Martin Brokenleg
Claremont Ridge Theatre
Field trips: A reminder to parents that the school is busy with field trips at this time of year. If your child has an Epi Pen – please make sure that you send it with your child on the field trip.
Grade 8 Families
Grade 8 Farewell:
Volunteer Sign Up:
Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;">
All students who arrive late for school (last late bell rings at 9:04 am) much check in with the office.
Remember to visit our school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca