ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thursday, April 13, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Band Sectionals: There is a percussion sectional at 12:47 today in the band room. Please bring your lunch!
Important dance rehearsal today for all dancers. Meet at 116 on the stage.
Chill Zone: A friendly reminder to Chill Zone members to meet same place and same time today.
Canteen today: On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies, smoothies and burritos.
Youth in Action Meeting on today at 11:23am in Miss Cottier's room to discuss our next campaign for Ecuador! A reminder for Youth in Action Volunteers of our Pizza and Pellegrino day today.
Today is Pizza and Pellegrino Day at ROMS in support of Youth in Action and their Ecuador Fundraising Initiative!! Lemon and Orange flavored Pellegrino's will be available for $2.00 each.
Pizza Day – Classes will be called in the following order: Thunderbird for having the cleanest zone, then Raven, Wolf and Orca
Congratulations to the ROMS badminton team on their matches played yesterday vs. Journey Middle School. Our team played very well and had some impressive match victories. The ROMS badminton tournament will begin next week. All students participating must ensure they have finalized their doubles teams and have signed up in the gym. Practicing today in the gym at SECOND recess, are all grade 7's.
Please listen carefully to the announcements next week as Track and Field practices begin soon!
Congratulations to the 6/7 boys teams on their games played Tuesday and yesterday. The boys battled hard and looked great in our new ROMS jerseys! Well done boys!
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here are the News stories you have been waiting for. Today is Thursday, April 13, 2017 and here is what is happening at 751 Travino Lane
Do you know only female mosquitoes bite
Did you also hummingbirds can't walk. Instead of going for a walk, they have to go for a fly.
1) Today's weather calls for mostly cloudy skies with some sunshine and a high temperature of 11 degrees. We might get some rain showers! We want spring!! We want sun!!
2) Our school year is going really fast! 2 .5 months left! That is scary!
3) Health Facts:
Diets have a 98% failure rate because they are designed to make money for the diet industry, not to help you lose weight.
4) Reminder that tomorrow, Friday, and Monday there is no school due to the Easter Holidays. Be sure to clean your room and help your parents!
5) There are a lot of spring sports and activities are starting up. Be sure to listen to the morning announcements to see where you might get involved.
6) Recycling. Keep it up! All classroom compost buckets need to be washed out for the long weekend.
7) France 2018. If you are a grade 7 student and are interested in going to France next year, see Mrs Ryan, Mrs Cottier or Mr Goy.
8) Once again, a great big thank you to the Times Colonist Raise-a-Reader Grant Program for donating $2000 to our Learning Commons, in support of literacy. This money was raised through the sales of books at the annual Times Colonist Used Book Sale at the Save-on-Foods Memorial Arena.
9) Pizza Thursday is today! It is also Pellegrino day as well! Yeee Haawww
10) Enjoy your extra long weekend! Watch Nexflicks and sleep in lots!
10) And for today’s joke of the day:
. Where do sheep go to get their hair cut?
A: To the baa-baa shop!
That concludes our TV news cast! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your #1 station! If it is happening, it is happening here on 751 TV
You are now able to book an appointment for 2017-18 Class placement & transition meetings. Visit our school website for the link.
Families of Designated Students: Learning Services Open House. Learn about the supports that we provide our designated students. Wednesday, April 26 @ 7:00 pm.
Please join us for our next general meeting on Thursday, April 20, 2017 @ 7:00 pm in the Learning Commons. There will be a presentation “10 Google Functions Every Middle School Parent Should Know”. The agenda is attached.
Mother's Day Flower Basket Fund raiser is now on. Order deadline is April 26th. Forms sent home today or see Order Form.
Staff Appreciation Day:
Let's celebrate our amazing staff!
To recognize all the hard work of the teachers, administrators and support staff of our awesome school, the PAC is planning an Appreciation Luncheon on Wednesday May 10th . We invite parents and guardians to say "thank you for a great year" by contributing food and/or volunteering with set up/clean up duties. For more information and to sign up to volunteer and/or bring food please visit http://www.perfectpotluck.com/meals.php?t=XKEJ3280
If you have any questions please emails email@example.com.
Thank you, ROMS PAC
Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="font-style:normal;"><span style="font-weight:normal;">firstname.lastname@example.org</span></span></span> or call: 250-479-0999 (24 hours per day).
All students who arrive late for school (last late bell rings at 9:04 am) much check in with the office.
Remember to visit our school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca