ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Gr 7 Band Rehearsal:
There is a very important Grade 7 Band rehearsal today at 12:47. Please bring your lunch!
There is a Stage Band rehearsal today at 1:16. All members must attend.
All Dance Club members must attend rehearsal today at 1:16, meet on the stage.
Science Challengers will be canceled tomorrow. We will meet again on April 19. Keep studying.
JQ, Pratt-Diddy, and Em-Dogg are holding a special meeting for France 2017 participants on Wednesday at 1:16 is Ms. Ryan's room. Please arrive right after the bell goes.
Craft Club: Today at 1:16 in room 125.
Youth in Action Meeting on Thursday at 11:23am in Miss Cottier's room to discuss our next campaign for Ecuador! A reminder for Youth in Action Volunteers of our Pizza and Pellegrino day on Thursday.
Canteen today On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies, smoothies, garlic pizza bread.
tomorrow: Popcorn sold every Wednesday at first recess. Popcorn
This Thursday is Pizza and Pellegrino Day at ROMS in support of Youth in Action and their Ecuador Fundraising Initiative!! Lemon and Orange flavored Pellegrino's will be available for $2.00 each.
The 2017 badminton season starts tomorrow as we host Journey Middle School in the afternoon. All players interested in playing in any friendly league matches, or in participating in the City Playoffs qualification tournament, must ensure they have signed up in the gym. This week's practice schedule is posted on the ROMS Athletics web page.
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here are the News stories you have been waiting for. Today is Tuesday, April 11, 2017 and here is what is happening at 751 Travino Lane
Do you know rabbits like licorice and Bosco is a cute dog?
Did you also Bill Gates began programming computers at the of age 13
1) Today's weather calls for mostly sunny skies with some clouds and a high temperature of 12 degrees. We are still looking for summer.
2) It is term 3! This is your most challenging term! Be sure to keep asking questions and make sure all your assignments are handed in as required.
3) Health Facts:
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it feeds your body and mind with the necessary nutrients and energy to function throughout the day. Eating breakfast regularly will also help keep weight off because it gets your metabolism going.
4) Report cards went home last week. If your parents have questions, please have them contact the classroom teacher.
5) Class photos should be here in 4-5 weeks.
6) Rugby, badminton, Mt Biking, and track & field are all starting up. Be sure to listen to announcements for practice times. See coaches Mr R, Mr S, Mr. K and Mr. M for details. That is a lot of Mr’s!
7) Reminder this Friday and Monday there is no school due to the Easter Holidays. If you show up, you will be the only person at the school!
8) Recycling. Keep up the efforts. We truly appreciate students who are sorting the correctly at the recycle stations.
9) And for today’s joke of the day:
Q: What did the ground say to the earthquake? A: You crack me up!
That concludes our TV news cast! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your #1 station! If it is happening, it is happening here on 751 TV
You are now able to book an appointment for 2017-18 Class placement & transition meetings. Visit our school website for the link.
Families of Designated Students: Learning Services Open House. Learn about the supports that we provide our designated students. Wednesday, April 26 @ 7:00 pm.
Mother's Day Flower Basket Fund raiser is now on. Order deadline is April 26th. Forms sent home today or see Order Form.
Staff Appreciation Day:
Let's celebrate our amazing staff!
To recognize all the hard work of the teachers, administrators and support staff of our awesome school, the PAC is planning an Appreciation Luncheon on Wednesday May 10th . We invite parents and guardians to say "thank you for a great year" by contributing food and/or volunteering with set up/clean up duties. For more information and to sign up to volunteer and/or bring food please visit http://www.perfectpotluck.com/meals.php?t=XKEJ3280
If you have any questions please emails firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, ROMS PAC
Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email:
All students who arrive late for school (last late bell rings at 9:04 am) much check in with the office.
Remember to visit our school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca