ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Monday, April 10, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Games Club: The Games Club will be meeting in Room 125 at 1:16 pm.
Canteen Tuesday: On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies, smoothies and mac and cheese. Cookies, smoothies, garlic pizza bread
Conversation and Activities Club: Please join us for Conversations Club today in room 227. Meet new friends, learn about other cultures, and practice your English. All Royal Oak students are welcome to join us. Please see Ms. Beristain in room 219 for more information.
Only twelve more schools days left to Pre-Order your 2016/2017 ROMS yearbook! Pre-Ordering Guarantees delivery to your homeroom class in June! Stop Procrastinating and get your order in to Miss Cottier as soon as possible! Only minimal additional copies will be available for purchase in June on a first come first serve basis. Order forms available from the office, Miss Cottier, and Miss Cottier's website.
Rafiki bracelets on sale today starting at 1:16 They $10 each and $5 from each bracelet will go towards our Youth in Action initiative to help children around the world.
This Thursday is Pizza and Pellegrino Day at ROMS in support of Youth in Action and their Ecuador Fundraising Initiative!! Lemon and Orange flavored Pellegrino's will be available for $2.00 each.
This week's badminton practice schedule has been posted on the ROMS athletics web page and on the PE office door. Please have a look to see what practices you can attend. Also, any students interested in playing in league matches vs Journey, Cedar Hill, Arbutus, or Bayside must come to practice and talk to Mr. Menzies. Our first match is this Wednesday vs Journey here at ROMS..
Track & Field:
Attention all students interested in joining our Track and Field team for the 2017 season! The track and field introductory meeting will be happening later this week, so stay tuned to the announcements for a time and location.
A reminder to all field hockey players of our practice tomorrow morning - Tuesday at 7:45. Please bring your shin guards, mouth guards, and an extra sock. Meet in the Gym.
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here are the News stories you have been waiting for. Today is Monday, April 10, 2017 and here is what is happening at 751 Travino Lane
Do you know stewardesses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand
Did you also M&M's chocolate stands for the initials for its inventors Mars and Murrie
1) Today's weather calls for mostly sunny skies with some rain showers and a high temperature of 11 degrees.
2) Reminder we are now in our final term. This is the most difficult term to keep focused as the weather gets nice. Keep your focus, work hard and aim for your goals!
3) Health Facts:
1. Your nose can remember more than 50,000 scents.
2. Your lungs exhale more than two quarts of water per day.
3. A sneeze can exceed 100 miles per hour, coughs over 60 mph.
4. The stomach's digestive acids are strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
4) Report cards went home last week. All report card envelops should now be back to your homeroom teacher.
5) Class photos are now done. Every student will receive a class photo as part of Life Touch’s commitment to RO. The photos should be here in 5-6 weeks.
6) Rugby and badminton is starting. Be sure to listen to announcements for practice times. See coaches Mr R, Mr S and Mr. M for details.
7) Mountain Biking is about to beginning. See Mr. Kenny if you are interested. If your parent can drive bikes up to Heartland, Mr. K would be very interested in hearing from them. Mt biking is happening this Wednesday.
9) Recycling. Be sure to do your part to sort your recycling properly. The best practice is to not bring packaging to school rather use recyclable containers. Let’s do our part to change our world and recycle items to prevent them from going into the landfill.
9) And for today’s joke of the day:
Q: Why did the girl smear peanut butter on the road?
A: To go with the traffic jam!
That concludes our TV news cast! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your #1 station! If it is happening, it is happening here on 751 TV
You are now able to book an appointment for 2017-18 Class placement & transition meetings. Visit our school website for the link.
Families of Designated Students: Learning Services Open House. Learn about the supports that we provide our designated students. Wednesday, April 26 @ 7:00 pm.
Staff Appreciation Day:
Let's celebrate our amazing staff!
To recognize all the hard work of the teachers, administrators and support staff of our awesome school, the PAC is planning an Appreciation Luncheon on Wednesday May 10th . We invite parents and guardians to say "thank you for a great year" by contributing food and/or volunteering with set up/clean up duties. For more information and to sign up to volunteer and/or bring food please visit http://www.perfectpotluck.com/meals.php?t=XKEJ3280
If you have any questions please emails email@example.com.
Thank you, ROMS PAC
Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="font-style:normal;"><span style="font-weight:normal;">firstname.lastname@example.org</span>span></span> or call: 250-479-0999 (24 hours per day).
All students who arrive late for school (last late bell rings at 9:04 am) much check in with the office.
Remember to visit our school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca