ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Vocale Ensemble: Vocal Ensemble has been moved to Friday March 17th!
7 Band Rehearsal:
There is a very important Grade 7 Band Rehearsal today at 1pm in the Band room. Please have your lunch in your home room before heading to the Band room.
Drawing Club: Today in Ms. Noel's Room during activity time, please bring pencil crayons, skinny felts, pencil,a ruler and glue.
Canteen today: Popcorn on sale at first recess. Popcorn $1.50,
Canteen Thursday: On sale at recess tomorrow -chocolate chip cookies, smoothies, and burritos.
Lost & Found: Please check the lost and found for any items you may be missing. Any unclaimed items will be donated to charity at the end of the day tomorrow..
Pellegrinos will be available at Pizza Day this Friday for $2 a can! Nothing goes better with delicious pizza than a cold refreshing pellegrino!
Badminton: There will be a very important meeting for all students interested in playing badminton today at first recess. The season officially starts immediately after spring break, so be sure to attend to get information.
Intra murals: grade 6/7 intramural basketball will resume tomorrow at SECOND recess. Mr. Menzies will come to divisions today to discuss tomorrow's games.
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here are the News stories you have been waiting for. Today is Wednesday, March 15th and here is what is happening at 751 News! .
Do you know that we only have 2 school days left until spring break! Yes that is 2 days left!
Did you also Monopoly is the most played board game in the world
1) Today's weather calls for cloudy skies with rain showers once again and a high of 10 degrees. Where is spring we ask
2) Health Fact:
Being optimistic can save your life We all know that thinking positively can have a great impact on your happiness, however research has also revealed that being an optimist can help you live longer. Research findings published in the European Heart Journal reveal that optimistic people are less likely to suffer from heart disease, while researchers at Duke University Medical Center found that heart patients who were more optimistic about their treatment lived longer than those who were not.
3) Our Japanese Students left yesterday morning. The students will be flying home to Japan today. Thank you to all the class buddies that helped out!
4) Our grade 8 boys play in the city championship Monday night at PCS. The boys played really well and ended up in 4 th place. Well done boys!
5) Lost and Found - 2 days to go and it will all be gone! Be sure to check for your missing items.
6) Report cards come out after spring break. We are now well into term three. Be sure to be aiming high and be the best you can in all you do.
7) Reminder to students, cell phones and ear buds are not allowed in the hallways or change rooms.
8) And for today’s joke of the day:
Q: Where do sheep go to get their hair cut?
A: To the baa-baa shop!
That concludes our TV news cast! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your #1 station! If it is happening, it is happening here on 751 TV
Upcoming Fundraiser: Stay tuned for our Mother's Day baskets fund raiser after spring break.
Lost & Found: Any unclaimed items will be donated to charity at the end of the day on Thursday, March 16th.
Bottle Drive: Student Council Bottle Drive – April 3-13 – Drop off your bottles in front of school before or after school.
Re: Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;">
All students who arrive late for school (last late bell rings at 9:04 am) much check in with the office.
Remember to visit our school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca