ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Band Sectionals: There is a Flute sectional today at 12:47
Anyone interested in playing chess at lunch can come to room 130 on today during the lunch recess. All students and skill levels are welcome.
A friendly reminder to Chill Zone members to meet same place and same time today.
Eagles Club: Eagles club meets today during block 3 and advisory in room 215. Bring your lunch. See Ms. Broome if you have any questions.
Pizza Day tomorrow - $2.50 per slice
Canteen today: On sale at recess -spaghetti, hot chocolate & cookies.
Found: Silver ring. Claim at the office.
Volleyball: Congratulations to the ROMS 1 Gr. 8 Girls Volleyball Team who completed back to back City Championship titles. This group of grade 8 girls have not lost a match in middle school volleyball since grade 6. A special thank you to Mr. Ryan for his coaching & dedication over the last few years.
Athletic Leadership: Reminder to all Athletic Leadership members of your meeting today during advisory. We are hosting the Cordova Bay Basketball Tournament tomorrow.
you to our grade 8 Athletic Leaders who helped with score keeping
this season in volleyball. They did an excellent job, stayed very
late, and were key to making this season a success! Well done!
The second quarter final for the 6/7 basketball intra-murals will take place today during SECOND recess. Teams playing are (M-5) vs (7-1), and (6-1) vs. (6-3).
A reminder that the gym is closed tomorrow afternoon due to the Cordova Bay Elementary Basketball Tournament being held from noon-3 pm.
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here are the News stories you have been waiting for. Today is Thursday, March 9th and here is what is happening at 751 News! .
Do you know that today is the 9th day of March and we only have 6 school days left until spring break!
Did you also know the word dreamt is the only word that ends in mt
1) Today's weather calls for cloudy skies with rain showers once again and a high of 4 degrees. Where is spring??
2) Health Fact:
Many methods to improve your health are pretty straightforward: to lose weight, eat less and exercise more; to boost your energy, get more sleep; to prevent dehydration, drink more water.
3) Grade 8’s! Time is running out to get your baby photo in! Ms Cottier is looking for you!!
4) Our Japanese Students will have their third day at Royal Oak today. Please keep the great RO welcome up as you see them today. They really had fun in the Gr 8 PE classes yesterday.
5) Well done gr 8 girls volleyball players! Your first place finish in the city finals was exceptional. A big thank you to Mr Ryan from Claremont for coaching the team to an impressive win.
6) Thank you to all the students who participated in the Canada 150 video project. Once the videos are posted, we will get the link to you so you can see your video. If anyone wins a prize, you will be contacted by Canada 150. The team from Toronto that filmed your project, were most impressed with Royal Oak Students.
7) And for today’s joke of the day:
Q: Who did Frankenstein’s monster bring to the prom?
A: His ghoulfriend.
That concludes our TV news cast! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your #1 station! If it is happening, it is happening here on 751 TV
Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="font-style:normal;"><span style="font-weight:normal;">email@example.com</span></span></span> or call: 250-479-0999 (24 hours per day)
to visit pour school website for current information