ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Pink Shirt Day Tomorrow: Together...We Can Make A Difference – Support this Anti-Bullying Campaign - Kindness Starts Here - Wear Your Pink Shirt To School tomorrow.
France 2017: All grade 8 students traveling to France this year,meet in Mme Ryan's room at 1:16 today and bring your cell phone.
There is a Stage Band rehearsal today at 1:16.
There is a Clarinet sectional today at 12:47 in the Band room. Please bring your lunch!
Pizza & Pellegrinos Thursday:
Thursday is a Pizza & Pellegrino day at Royal Oak! Pizza slices $2.50 and Pellegrino cans for $2!
Craft Club: Today at 1:16- 1:56 at room 125.
Canteen today On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies, smoothies, mac & cheese
Judo: Judo club after school today in MPR at 3:30 pm
Canteen tomorrow: Popcorn sold every Wednesday at first recess. Popcorn $1.50,
Found: A pair of black gloves left in the office last week. Please claim at the office.
Congratulations to our grade 8 boys teams on their games last night. Both teams played hard and managed to win a few games. Great job Eagles!
There will be a very important meeting for Mr. Phillips grade 7 girls team today at FIRST recess in the gym to discuss transportation to your games today. Also, there will be a meeting for all grade 8 girls on Ms. McManus's team at FIRST recess today in the gym. All players must attend.
At SECOND Recess there will be a meeting for grade 6 girls volleyball player sin Ms. Espodido's room. All players must attend.
To view the game schedule for all competitive teams and 7/8 Rec teams, please go to lowerislandschoolsports.ca
This week's Athletic Leadership meeting will take place on Thursday during Advisory as Friday is a Pro-D Day. Also, members are reminded of your score keeping duties this week as we host games.
8 Intra Murals:
Notice to divisions 8-1, 8-2, 8-7, 8-8 and staff of their intra-mural dodge ball games Wednesday at lunch.
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here are the News stories you have been waiting for. Today is Tuesday, February 22 and here is what is happening at 751 News! .
Do you know that the word stewardesses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand
Did you also M&M's chocolate stands for the initials for its inventors Mars and Murrie. Go tell the fact to your parents tonight!
1) Today's weather calls for cloudy skies and a high of 8 degrees. The forecast tells us that we will have much the same tomorrow with a lower temperature of 7 degrees. Oh dear!
2) Health Fact:
Just adding movement into your daily routine can increase your level of fitness. Being sedentary is dangerous! So lets get ,moving Royal Oak!
3) Feb 23, this Thursday, the judges will be out checking the school grounds. The hallway with the cleanest outdoor zone goes first for pizza! Get out and clean and be a change maker!
4) Gr 8's. If you are still interested in going on the Ski trip. See Mr. Kenny ASAP
5) Grade 8’s! The Yearbook wants your baby photo! Email your photo to Ms. Cottier so you make the yearbook!
6) The World Famous Royal Oak Talent show will be March 3. ! Be sure to see Ms Espedido if you are interested in performing your amazing act in the talent show.
7) Plastic! Remember to reduce your consumption of plastic items! The less plastic items you buy, the less there is in our environment. Make that change today.
8) The lost and found is growing If you have lost clothing items, you know where to look. It will soon be taken away.
9) Grade 8’s - reminder that Claremont will be here both on Wed and Thurs this week.
10) Pink Day is this Wednesday! Be sure to wear your pink shirt or hoodie!
A group photo will be taken at recess in front of the school with the Saanich Police Dept.
11) And for today’s joke of the day:
Q: "What's the difference between a guitar and a fish?" A: "You can't tuna fish."
That concludes our TV news cast! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your #1 station! If it is happening, it is here on 751 TV
Attention Grade 8 Parents:
Claremont Parent Course Selection Information Night
Current Grade 8 Students Transitioning to Claremont for Grade 9 in September
February 23, 2017
7:00-8:00 pm @ Claremont
Claremont Counsellor Appointments
Gr 8 Parents wishing to meet with a Claremont Counsellor with questions and concerns regarding academic pathways, course selection and class placement may book an appointment to meet with a Claremont Counsellor on March 1 or March 2 between 8:30 am and noon. Appointments will be held at Royal Oak Middle School and can be scheduled by contacting Donna Punt at 250-479-7128 Extension 452 or emailing your request for an appointment to email@example.com Please ensure that you provide your student's name & Division your name and contact information. Thank you!
**Please note that Claremont Counsellors will be visiting Royal Oak Middle School on February 23 between 9:00 and 11:23 am to hand out Course Selection Forms to Grade 8 students.
Claremont will be hosting a Parent Information Night that evening from 7:00-8:00 pm to discuss the process and provide additional information on course selection and Claremont Sports Institute and Pursuit Of Excellence programs.
Remember to visit pour school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca
Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="font-style:normal;"><span style="font-weight:normal;">mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org></span></span> or call: 250-479-0999 (24 hours per day)