ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
There is a grade 6 Clarinet sectional today at 12:47 in the Band room. Please bring your lunch!
A very important Grade 8 Math Challengers meeting Thursday at 1:16pm in Miss Cottier's room. Please bring your blue duo tangs and be ready to tackle some questions.
France 2017 Trip: All students going to France this year, the meeting this week will be on THURSDAY JAN 26th, at 1:16 in Mme Ryan's room. There will be no meeting today.
Craft Club: Today at 1:16- 1:56 at room 125.
Judo: Judo club after school today in MPR at 3:30 pm
Clay club will be starting soon on Fridays! If you are interested please pick up a form from Ms. Kardash room 123....and get it signed and return it asap. It will start on Jan 27th! First come first served!
Canteen today On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies, smoothies, mac & cheese.
tomorrow: Popcorn sold every Wednesday at first recess. Popcorn
Ms. Espedido would like to meet with the Grade 6 girls who are playing in the competitive game today. Please meet in Ms. Espedido's room 220 during second recess today.
There will be a very important meeting for all grade 7 girls on Mr. Phillips team today at FIRST recess in the gym to discuss transportation to today's game. All players must attend.
Teams practicing this afternoon are: Mr. Ryan's grade 8 girls, and the grade 8 boys competitive team.
Tuesday’s ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here are the News stories you have been waiting for.
This is 751 News and Today is Tuesday, January 24 rd
Do you know that there is no butter in buttermilk
Did you also know that rice is the staple food for 50% of the worlds population
1) Today's weather calls for some sun but mostly cloudy skies and a high of 6 degrees. The forecast tells us that we will be having rain showers tomorrow with a high of 6 degrees ! No more rain!
2) Ms. Mah's new puppy tried to come to school yesterday by hiding in the back seat of the car. Luckily Ms. Mah was able to notice and return him to doggy day care.
3) Reminder to students that on January 30 there is no school! The teachers have workshops they need to attend.
4) Kiwi fruit is coming our way soon! Be sure to learn the proper way to eat it.
5) The Royal oak Open House is next week! Be sure to tell your family and friends about this opportunity. The Open House is on Feb 1 at 6:30 pm.
6) Litter is on the increase. Please do your part to make a difference in our community.
7) Reminder to 8-5, 8-6, 8-7 and 8-8 that you go to Claremont tomorrow for the YES 2 It experience.
7) And for today’s joke of the day:
What is the tallest building in the entire world?
A: The library, because it has so many stories.
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here on 751 News!
Thanks for making ROMS TV your station of choice! If it is happening, it is hear on 751 TV
A reminder to Parents that January 30th is a Non Instructional Day and classes are not in session.
Calendars for 2017/18 and 2018/19 -
Proposed 2017/18 and 2018/19 School Calendars for Public Feedback:
The Saanich Board of Education is pleased to share the proposed school calendars for 2017/18 and 2018/19.
on feedback in previous years, Saanich School District #63 has
collaborated with Greater Victoria School District #61 and Sooke
School District #62 to align school calendar dates wherever
Link to the district page: https://www.sd63.bc.ca/news/2017-01/proposed-201718-and-201819-school-calendars-public-feedback
Yearbook Orders: The 2016/2017 ROMS Yearbook is now available for Pre-Order! Yearbooks are 128 full colour pages with over 2,000 images from athletics, events, and many memories! Last year's book sold out in June so please be sure you pre-order and guarantee yourself a book delivered directly to your homeroom in June! The cost of this year's book is $38. Grade 8 students have until March 10th to email a baby photo to Miss Cottier (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Remember to visit pour school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca
Student Absences or Late
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;">
A reminder to Parents of the 2017 Vancouver Island Parent Conference to be held on February 25, 2017 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at Royal Bay Secondary School in Colwood. Please see our School Calendar of Events on our main school website for further details.