ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Monday, January 9, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Poster Contest: Drum roll please......The winner of the Bottle Drive Poster Contest is: Natasha from M-3. Congratulations Natasha, you have won a pizza party for your classroom. Thank you to those who entered the contest, great job everyone!
Fuller's PE Classes:
Get changed and line up outside of the MPR for FITNESS. Please bring your duo tang and a pencil for our fitness circuit.
Games Club: The Games Club will be meeting in Room 125 at 1:16 pm.
Canteen Tuesday: On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies, smoothies and mac and cheese. Cookies $1.00, smoothies 50 cents, mac & cheese $1.50
and Activities Club:
Attention all students from other countries and who speak other languages: Come out every Monday to room 227 for conversation, games, and snacks! Meet new friends, learn about other cultures, and practice your English. All Royal Oak students are welcome to join us. Please see Ms. Beristain in room 219 for more information.
Yearbook Orders: Order forms available on our school website main page. Order today!! Grade 8 students submit your coolest baby photo!!!
This week's volleyball practice schedule has been posted on the ROMS Athletic webpage. Please visit the Royal Oak website and click on the eagle head logo to view.
At FIRST recess all grade 6/7 boys have a meeting in the gym with Mr. Menzies. All 6/7 boys who intend do play volleyball must attend.
At SECOND recess the 8 boys recreational team has a meeting/practice in the gym. All grade 8 boys still interested in playing volleyball are encouraged to attend.
Also practicing after school today is the grade 8 girls ROMS 2 team coached by Ms. McManus. Practice starts at 3:15 and goes until 4:30.
Finally, grade 8 girls and boys competitive teams are encouraged to return their permission forms to Mr. Menzies ASAP.
Notice to all grade 8's - Mac Attack intra-murals Wednesday in the gym. All 8's welcome.
Students who have not yet picked up their orders must come by the PE office today to receive their items. Also, Mr. Menzies has offered another opportunity to order Royal Oak Eagles hoodies. Any students interested in getting a hoodie must come by the PE office to try on size samples and pick up an order form. Orders are due by the end of the day on Thursday Jan 12th.
Monday’s ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Monday, January 9, 2017
Did you know cows don't have upper front teeth
Did you also know there are 31,557,600 seconds in a year
1) Today's weather calls for cloudy skies with rain showers and a high of 5 degrees. The forecast tells us that we will be having sunny skies tomorrow as well with a high of 2 degrees!
2) The Bottle drive is still on this week Please tell our parents and friends that they can donate all refundable bottles to the school. Bottles can be dropped off by the caged area near the wood shop.
3) ROMS Sports! Reminder if you are playing on a team to listen carefully to the morning announcements to find out what applies to you.
4) Did you know that Ms. Mah's Boston terrier puppy has just been accepted to the Victorian K9 Dog Training Institute. Only the best for our high achieving Ms. Mah and her puppy!
5) The Inauguration of the USA President Elect, Donald Trump, will be in 12 days. Keep a watching for changes to come!
6) Our Canadian Junior Hockey team won the Sliver Medal at the World Juniors last week. It was a very exciting and well played game by our Canadian players.
Well done Canada!
7) Lost PE strip! Did yo know that every day the custodian finds gym strip left behind in the change rooms? This gym strip ends up in the lost and found. If you are missing gym strip items, you know where to look.
8) Remember - Cell phones are not to be taken into the change rooms at any time.
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here at RO.
Thanks for making ROMS TV as your # 1 News station, If it is happening, it is happening on ROMS TV
Yearbook Orders: The 2016/2017 ROMS Yearbook is now available for Pre-Order! Yearbooks are 128 full colour pages with over 2,000 images from athletics, events, and many memories! Last year's book sold out in June so please be sure you pre-order and guarantee yourself a book delivered directly to your homeroom in June! The cost of this year's book is $38. Grade 8 students have until March 10th to email a baby photo to Miss Cottier (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Remember to visit pour school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca
Student Absences or Lates
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;">
(24 hours per day)
A reminder to Parents of the 2017 Vancouver Island Parent Conference to be held on February 25, 2017 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at Royal Bay Secondary School in Colwood. Please see our School Calendar of Events on our main school website for further details.
PAC Bottle Drive:
There are many ROMS school projects that require PAC funding during the remainder of this school year. The PAC Is hosting a bottle drive from Jan 3-13 and they need our help. Please collect your returnable bottles/cans over the next few weeks and then consider donating them to the ROMS PAC to help support programs in our school.
You can also drop off all year at the Bottle depot. Please say
they are for: * ROYAL OAK MIDDLE SCHOOL PAC *
·All Funds raised will go directly to support school programs paid for by the PAC such as the costs of Home Ec aprons and athletic uniforms, etc.