ROMS Daily Announcements
Thursday, January 5, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Hockey Fans – Cheer on our Canadian team - World Juniors – Go for Gold Canada!!!
There is a grade 6 bass guitar sectional today at 12:47, please bring your lunch.
Poster Contest: A reminder that tomorrow is the deadline to submit your posters for the Bottle Drive Poster Contest. Win a pizza party for your classroom, enter your poster today!!!
Fuller's PE Classes:
Miss Fuller's PE classes please meet in her classroom, Room 124 on the Green Floor with your PE duo tang, a pencil, and your pencil crayons.
Anyone interested in playing chess at lunch can come to room 130 on today during the lunch recess. All students and skill levels are welcome.
Chill Zone: Chill Zone is canceled for today and will start up next week.
Pizza Day tomorrow - $2.50 per slice
Canteen today: On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies, smoothies and burritos. Cookies $1.00, smoothies 50 cents, burritos $1.00
Reminder to grade 8 boys on the competitive team of your practice today after school.
Also practicing today are grade 8 girls interested in playing on Ms. McManus' competitive team. Please be there on time and ready to practice by 3:15 today.
ROMS Athletic Wear: All students who have not yet received their ROMS athletic wear, please report to the PE Office today. See Mr. Menzies.
Thursday’s ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Thursday, January 5, 2017
This is the third school day in the 2017 school year! We trust everyone has now figured out where there classes are and who their teacher is.
Did you know? dragonflies have 6 legs but can't walk
Did you also know? an average person will spend 25 years asleep. That's a lot of sleeping!
1) Today's weather calls for sunny skies with high of 2 degrees. The forecast tells us that we will be having cloudy skies tomorrow as well with a high of 4 degrees! Please note, the forecast also calls for snow flurries on Sunday!
2) Our Parent group is holding a bottle drive this week Please inform your parents that they can donate all refundable bottles to the school. All Bottles can be dropped off by the caged area near the wood shop.
3) Roms Sports! Reminder if you are playing on a volleyball team, listen carefully to the morning announcements for your practice and game times!
4) Did you know that Ms. Mah has a 13 week old Boston terrier puppy that has just been accepted to the Whiskers Urban Academy of Doggy Day Care. Only the best for our high achieving Ms. Mah and her puppy!
5) The Inauguration of the New USA president will be January 20th. Keep a watch.
6) The Junior Hockey tournament is well underway! Go Canada!
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here at RO.
Thanks for making ROMS TV as your News station of Choice, If it is happening, it is happening on ROMS TV
Remember to visit pour school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca
Student Absences or Lates
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="font-style:normal;"><span style="font-weight:normal;">mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org</span></span></span> or call: 250-479-0999 (24 hours per day)
A great deal of time is spent on making calls to ensure children are safe and accounted for due to unconfirmed absences. Please clearly state First and Last Name and your child's Teacher or Division . Our office staff greatly appreciate this.
PAC Bottle Drive:
There are many ROMS school projects that require PAC funding during the remainder of this school year. The PAC Is hosting a bottle drive from Jan 3-13 and they need our help. Please collect your returnable bottles/cans over the next few weeks and then consider donating them to the ROMS PAC to help support programs in our school.
You can also drop off all year at the Bottle depot. Please say
they are for: * ROYAL OAK MIDDLE SCHOOL PAC *
·All Funds raised will go directly to support school programs paid for by the PAC such as the costs of Home Ec aprons and athletic uniforms, etc.