ROMS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Ms. Fuller's PE Classes: Miss Fuller's PE classes please meet in her classroom, Room 124 on the Green Floor with your PE duo tang, a pencil, and your pencil crayons.
Grade 8 Students who are going to France this year with Mme Ryan, please meet in her room today at 1:16.
Band: There is a grade 7 rehearsal today at 12:47 in the band room. Please bring your lunch!
The 2016/2017 ROMS Yearbook is now available for Pre-Order! Yearbooks are 128 full colour pages with over 2,000 images from athletics, events, and many memories! Last year's book sold out in June so please be sure you pre-order and guarantee yourself a book delivered directly to your homeroom in June! The cost of this year's book is $38. Please see Miss Cottier with any questions.
Craft Club: Today at 1:16- 1:56 at room 125. (Last day June 7/16)
Canteen today On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies $1.00, smoothies 50 cents, mac & cheese $1.50
Judo: There will be no Judo club after school today.
Canteen tomorrow: Popcorn sold every Wednesday at first recess. Popcorn $1.50,
The roster for Mr. Ryan's grade 8 girls team has now been posted on the PE office door. This team next practice will be this Wednesday after school.
The roster for the grade 8 boys competitive team's net practice has been posted on the PE office door. Players listed are expected to attend the next practice this Thursday after school.
Practices for all competitive teams are now up to date and listed on the ROMS Athletics web page and on the Athletics bulletin board. Please have a look to see when you are practicing next.
Meetings will be held this week to discuss further details regarding the upcoming season for all students and all teams interested, so stay tuned and listen carefully to the announcements for time and locations.
There will be a brief meeting for all athletic leadership members today at morning recess in the gym. Please be there on time.
Tuesday’s ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Tuesday, January 3, 2017
This is the first school day in the 2017 school year! We trust everyone had a great holiday break and Santa found your house OK.
Did you know hummingbirds are the only bird that can fly backwards
Did you also know a duck can't walk without bobbing its head
1) Today's weather calls for mostly sunny skies with high of 0 degrees. The forecast tells us that we will be having sunny skies tomorrow as well, but with the same cold temperature. Be sure to wear your winter coat!
2) Our PAC group is holding a bottle drive this week Please inform your parents that they can donate all refundable bottles to the school all this week. This is a one week initiative. Bottles can be dropped off by the caged area near the wood shop.
3) PE is back in full swing today! Make sure you have returned your full gym strip clean and ready to go! fact
4) The recycle stations are back in full operation Thank your for sorting your items correctly as you bring the towers down during advisory time!
5) Extra curricular Volleyball is in full swing! If you are on a time, be sure to find out when your practice time is.
6) This is always a good time to reevaluate your goals as well as set new ones. Good goals take you good places!
7) For those who got coal in their Christmas stockings, we are sorry, but we did warn you to be nice! Make this a goal for next year!
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here at RO.
Thanks for making ROMS TV as your News station of Choice, If it is happening, it is happening on ROMS TV
Remember to visit pour school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca
Student Absences or Lates
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="font-style:normal;"><span style="font-weight:normal;">mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org</span></span></span> or call: 250-479-0999 (24 hours per day)
A great deal of time is spent on making calls to ensure children are safe and accounted for due to unconfirmed absences. Please clearly state First and Last Name and your child's Teacher or Division . Our office staff greatly appreciate this.
PAC Bottle Drive:
There are many ROMS school projects that require PAC funding during the remainder of this school year. The PAC Is hosting a bottle drive from Jan 3-13 and they need our help. Please collect your returnable bottles/cans over the next few weeks and then consider donating them to the ROMS PAC to help support programs in our school.
*New Year reminder:*
*ROMS **Bottle Drive*
*January 3rd to 13th*
Bring in your recyclable bottles at the *Drop off and pick up times* to the
gated area near the sport courts.
Help support your school and the environment.
*Bottle Drive Poster contest*
*Be Creative:* Recycling theme
*Prize: *lunch PIZZA party for winning Student’s class
*Winner: *Announced January 15th
*Entries: *Placed in bin at ROMS office before January 6th
*Ideas of key Info. needed for your winning Poster*
·*Bottle drive – Drop off before and after school* in gated area
near sport courts. Bring your recyclables to the school and help support
this fundraising event in the first two weeks of the new year.
· All Funds raised will go ROMS PAC
· Student name and division number need to be on back of poster
· You can also drop off all year at the Bottle depot. Please say
they are for: * ROYAL OAK MIDDLE SCHOOL PAC *