ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Found: A denim blue gym bag was found on a school bus yesterday. Please claim at the office.
Lost & Found: A reminder that all unclaimed items from the Lost & Found will be donated to charity by the end of the school day today. Make sure you check out the lost and found !!!
Canteen today: Popcorn on sale at first recess. Popcorn $1.50,
Canteen Thursday: There will be no canteen sales tomorrow.
Art Projects: Art projects from Term 1 need to be picked up this week. They can be found on table near Art room.
Grade 8 Girls Basketball: Thank you to Mya for returning her uniform. You are back on the Nice list!!
Volleyball: Reminder to all students interested in competitive volleyball of the team selection practices this week. There are no practices scheduled for after school today as we are hosting the Jr. Volleyball Officials workshop in the gym. Practicing tomorrow, Thursday, are grade 6/7 boys at 7:45am, and then grade 8 boys and grade 6/7 girls after school.
Wednesday’s ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Wednesday, December 14h
This is the last of the two days before the Holiday Break! Yes 2 days to go! If your locker is not clean, you will not be on the nice list! Get cleaning!
Did you also know that on your birthday you share the same day with 9 million other people. And you thought you were special!!
1) Today's weather calls for sunny skies with some clouds and a high of 2 degrees. The forecast tells us that we will be having sunny skies on Thursday and Friday.
2) Report card Envelopes should be back by now. . If you did not bring back your envelope, please do so!!
3) The winter break is coming upon us fast. Be sure to gather all your personal items and take them home for the holidays. This does not include school supplies of course.
4) Our PAC group is holding a bottle drive right after the Holiday Break. Be sure to tell your parents that they can donate all refundable bottles to the school on the first week back after the holidays.
5) This week in PE is the dance unit. A big thank you to Mr Menzies and the grade 8 students who have been helping to teach the dance routines!
6) The recycle stations have been much better this week. Thank your for sorting your items correctly!
7) Snow – reminder that there is no longer any snow throwing as most of the snow that is left has turned to ice. We do not want to see anyone injured.
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here at RO.
Thanks for making ROMS TV as your News station of Choice, If it is happening, it is happening on ROMS TV
Remember to visit pour school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca
Student Absences or Lates
If you know your child will be late or absent please remember to let the school and teachers know ASAP via: email: <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="font-style:normal;"><span style="font-weight:normal;">firstname.lastname@example.org</span></span></span> or call: 250-479-0999 (24 hours per day)
A great deal of time is spent on making calls to ensure children are safe and accounted for due to unconfirmed absences. Please clearly state First and Last Name and your child's Teacher or Division . Our office staff greatly appreciate this.
PURDY'S CHOCOLATES – LAST DAY TO PICK UP ORDERS!
CHOCOLATE ORDERS! PICK UP TODAY
Wednesday December 14th 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm in the main foyer of the school
IF YOU DO NOT PICK UP TODAY WE WILL SEND THE ORDERS HOME WITH YOUR CHILD, PLEASE CONTACT Josie at <span style="font-variant:normal;"><span style="text-decoration:none;">
if you need to make special
PAC Bottle Drive:
There are many ROMS school projects that require PAC funding during the remainder of this school year. The PAC Is hosting a bottle drive from Jan 3-13 and they need our help. Please collect your returnable bottles/cans over the next few weeks and then consider donating them to the ROMS PAC to help support programs in our school.
Bottle drive – Save your bottles and recyclables over the holiday
Help support ROMS. Bring your recyclables to the school for the first
two weeks of the New Year (January 3rd-13th) *Drop off before and after
school* *into gated area near the sport courts*.
Poster Contest for the most creative Recycling poster for the Bottle drive.
All entries in by January 6th and winning student gets a pizza party for
their home room class.
All Funds raised will go ROMS PAC
You can also drop off all year at the Bottle depot. Please say
they are for: * ROYAL OAK MIDDLE SCHOOL PAC*