ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
Band Sectionals: There is a grade 6 trombone and baritone sectional today at 12:47 in the Band room. Please bring your lunch.
There is a Vocal Ensemble rehearsal today at 1:16 in the Band room. Please remember to bring your forms.
Extreme Team: The Extreme Team Meeting is canceled today and rescheduled for tomorrow at noon recess.
Drawing Club: There is Mindful Drawing Group today in Ms Noel's room on the blue floor during outside activity time. Please bring a journal, pencil crayons,felts, pencil,sharpie and glue.
You may have noticed the small Christmas tree by the front door. Donations that are being collected for kids whose families were affected by the Evergreen Terrace fire in Victoria last month. A student at ROMS worked with a class at Cordova Bay Primary to decorate ornaments. Please look at the ornaments on the tree and take one if you would like to donate to help those families in need.Please look at the ornaments on the tree, ask your parents for permission and then take an ornament if you would like to donate to help those families in need. Donations are due on Thursday, December 15th. Drop off at the office.
Poster Contest: ROMS PAC is hosting a bottle drive from January 3-13. Poster Contest for the most creative Recycling poster for the Bottle drive. All entries in by January 6th and winning student gets a pizza party for their home room class. Details available outside the office and on the website.
Canteen today: Popcorn on sale at first recess. Popcorn $1.50,
Canteen Thursday: On sale at recess tomorrow -chocolate chip cookies $1.00, smoothies 50 cents, burritos-$1.00
Congratulations to the 6/7 competitive girls basketball team on a huge win in the semi-final game against Cedar Hill. Good luck in the championship game against Dunsmuir on Thursday at SMUS. Go Eagles!
The Grade 8 Girls Basketball team is in the City Finals TONIGHT! Game time is at 5:15 at Gordon Head Middle School! Cheer them to the Championship!
Good luck to the grade 8 boys competitive basketball team on their playoff games later today, the boys will be playing for 3rd place overall. Go Eagles!
Any swimmers who were not at the meeting yesterday, please see Mr. Menzies today to get information about the upcoming Swim Meet this Sunday. Mr. Menzies can be found in the PE office.
There will be a very important general volleyball meeting today at lunch recess in the gym for all students interested in playing today. Please be there on time and help remind your friends. That's general volleyball meeting for all students interested, in the gym, at lunch recess today. See you there!
We are in great need of recreational coaches or parent supervisors for our grade 8 boys and girls teams. Please email Mr. Menzies if your parents can help facilitate a team. We had many students interested and the season is right around the corner!
ROMS TV Announcements
Wednesday’s ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Wednesday, December 7th
Did you know this is the computer hour of code week. You will see many students participating in numerous coding activities this week.
Did you also know frogs can't swallow with their eyes open
1) Today's weather calls for sunny skies but with a cold temperature of 1 degree. The forecast also calls for snow flurries tomorrow and Friday.! Let's keep those fingers crossed.
2) The Gr 8 Girls BB team plays in the city finals tonight. Cheer on our girls on to victory!
3) Volleyball at Royal Oak is looking for more coaches to keep up with the demand. If your parent has coaching experience, we could use them to help coach our teams. Have them talk to Mr. Menzies.
4) Report cards go home on Friday! That's two more sleeps kids!
5) Today, the United States will honour the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbour, Hawaii
6) Health facts: Teens need a lot of energy. Energy comes from calories and on a daily basis. Make sure the calories you consume are good calories.
Calcium and iron are two essential nutrients for teens because they help build strong bones. Also, be sure to drink lots of water to keep you hydrogenated.
7) The winter break is coming fast. Remember to take all your personal belongings home with you over the break. This includes your gym strip.
8) Report cards go home on Friday. Be sure to return your envelope on Monday.
9) Snow. If there is snow on the ground tomorrow, reminder there is no throwing snow at each other for safety reasons.
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here at RO.
Thanks for making ROMS TV as your # 1 News station! If it is happening, it is happening on ROMS TV
Remember to visit pour school website for current information royaloak.sd63.bc.ca
PAC Bottle Drive:
Bottle drive – Save your bottles and recyclables over the holiday
Help support ROMS. Bring your recyclables to the school for the first
two weeks of the New Year (January 3rd-13th) *Drop off before and after
school* *into gated area near the sport courts*.
Poster Contest for the most creative Recycling poster for the Bottle drive.
All entries in by January 6th and winning student gets a pizza party for
their home room class.
All Funds raised will go ROMS PA
You can also drop off all year at the Bottle depot. Please say
they are for: * ROYAL OAK MIDDLE SCHOOL PAC*