ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Morning Radio News @ 9:05 am
There is a grade 6 saxophone sectional today at 12:47 in the band room. Grade 7s are welcome as well. Please bring your lunch.
There is a meeting for anyone in Grade 8 that is interested in joining Stage Band, today at 1:16 in the Band room.
Judo Club: Judo is canceled today, and next week as well. We look forward to seeing you back on the mats in the New Year.
Craft Club: Today at 1:16- 1:56 at room 125.
Canteen today On sale at recess -chocolate chip cookies $1.00, smoothies 50 cents, mac & cheese $1.50
Popcorn sold every Wednesday at first recess. Popcorn $1.50,
ROMS Swim Team: There will be a meeting for all Swim Team members today at FIRST recess in the gym today regarding your upcoming swim meet this Sunday. All swim team members must attend.
We are in great need of recreational coaches or parent supervisors for our grade 8 boys and girls teams. Please email Mr. Menzies if your parents can help facilitate a team. We had many students interested and the season is right around the corner!
ROMS TV Announcements
Tuesday’s ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Wednesday, December 6th
Did you know this is computer science week as well as hour of code week. Are you coding?
Did you also know it's possible to lead a cow up stairs but not down. Now that is different!
1) Today's weather calls for sunny skies but with a cold temperature of 3 degrees. The forecast also calls for snow flurries on Thursday! Let's keep those fingers crossed.
2) Congratulations to the Gr 8 Girls BB team who have won a spot in the city finals. The game will be tomorrow! Cheer on our girls tomorrow night!!
3) Volleyball at Royal Oak is huge! So huge that we need more coaches to keep up with the demand. If your parent has coaching experience, we could use them to help coach our teams.
4) Report cards go home on Friday! Life does not get better than this!
5) On December 7, the USA will honor the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
6) Health facts: Teens need a lot of energy. Energy comes from calories and on a daily basis, teenage boys need about 2,500 ; teenage girls need about 2,200 calories.
Calcium and iron are two essential nutrients for teens because they help build strong bones. Teens need calcium for maintaining muscle tissue and a regular heart beat. Iron helps red blood cells transport oxygen throughout the body, giving kids energy.
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further breaking news stories here at RO.
Thanks for making ROMS TV as your # 1 News station! If it is happening, it is happening on ROMS TV
Found: A pair of prescription glasses were found at the Craft Fair on Saturday. Please claim at the office.
are still a gift baskets and certificates that need to be picked up
and paid for.
If you are the winning bid on a silent auction gift item please come into the
office as soon as possible to pay for it and pick it up.