ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Miss Fuller's PE Classes: Students that did not write the football quiz will do so on Thursday, October 13 at FIRST RECESS in Room 124 on the Green Floor.
Miss Fuller's Science students: Students that missed the Cells Quiz will be writing the quiz on Wednesday, October 12 at FIRST RECESS in Room 124 (Green floor).
There is a Grade 6 Saxophone sectional today at 1:16 in the Band room.
Craft Club: Today at 1:16- 1:56 at room 125. (Last day June 7/16)
Canteen today On sale at recess - Cookies $1.00, smoothies 50 cents
Judo Club: There will be no Judo today (Tuesday) because there is a staff meeting. No Judo next Tuesday as we have early closure with parent teacher meetings. We will see you back on the mats on Tuesday October 25th.
Canteen tomorrow: Popcorn sold every Wednesday at first recess. Popcorn $1.50,
Drawing Club: Drawing Club starts on Wednesday October 12, during activity time in Ms. Noel's class, Room 223. All welcome! Please bring a Blank Journal, your felts,pencil, pencil crayons and glue. It is the perfect place to meet and hang out with friends.
Photo Order: A reminder to students and staff to hand your photo orders into the office as soon as possible.
Grade 7/8 Boys Basketball: Reminder to all grade 7/8 boys basketball players wanting to play for the competitive team. that there is a practice after school today. Practice will run 3:15-4:30 and all players interested must attend or see Mr. Menzies before hand.
Grade 7/8 Girls Basketball: The next 7/8 girls basketball practice will be tomorrow morning, Wednesday Oct 12, at 7:45am. All grade 7 and 8 girls are welcome to attend and please be there on time. That grade 7/8 girls basketball practice, tomorrow 7:45 am. See you then.
Intra Murals: Notice to divisions 8-1, 8-3 and 8-7 and 8-8 of their intra-mural soccer games Wednesday at lunch.
Cross Country: We will have a quick meeting on Wednesday at lunch recess to record and arrange rides to our meet at Lambrick Park on Thursday. Please bring in your completed driver form and if you haven't picked up that form yet, please see Mr Azim or Mrs Smyth.
ROMS TV NEWS @ 12:32
Tuesday's ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Tuesday, October 11th
Did you know that 8% of people have an extra rib?
There are 16 days until Screamfest! Get your tickets Thursday at Lunch outside the office before they sell out! Bottom line - The haunted house is scary! Money raised from this event goes to out a new play structure ! Again, tickets are on sale Thursday and Friday at lunch and after school on Thursday.
1) Who is Ty Albrecht? Ty is a grade 8 student in Division 8-8. Ty is very active in sports both at school and outside of school. He plays football for the Renegades and baseball for the Eagles. Ty has a dog named Todd and his favourite food is Pizza!. Ty likes RO and feels it is a positive place to attend school.
2) School Photos - If you want to order your school photos, return your order form with payment to the office or order your photos on line from Lifetouch. . Photo Retake day is October 19th.
3) Lost and Found! All items will be taken away today! Be sure to check for your lost items.
4) It's Fire Prevention Week is week! Always be ready to respond to the fire bell.
5) Water bottle flipping: Due to the water spills and water bottles landing on window ledges, there will be no water bottle flipping at RO.
6) Parent Teacher interviews are coming up on Oct 18th and 19th. Remind your parents to book an appointment on our school web page. Students will be dismissed at 2:08 on these days.
7) Who is Lars G? ? Stay tuned tomorrow to find out who is Lars
8) Grade 8's - order your 2017 Hoodie Thursday lunch! Lots of colours to pick from.
9) The RO sports are full steam ahead. If you have questions about playing on teams at RO, talk to Mr Menzies in the gym!
10) Screamfest is still looking for parent volunteers. Make sure your parents know how to sign up for jobs on our web page. It takes a village to run screamfest!
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further News updates.
Thanks for choosing ROMS TV as your best News station
Parents & PAC Royal Oak Review @ noon:
ROMS Craft Fair – Silent Auction – Saturday, November 26th 9:30 am-3:00 pm – Admission by Donation. Visit the PAC webpage under the “Parent” tab on our school website for further details and registration forms. Contact Tracey Rompain for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost & Found – The lost & found is very full. Please check it and see if any items belong to you! Any unclaimed items will be donated to charity today.
Important information and facts regarding SCREAMFEST please read: /pluginfile.php/6281/mod_resource/content/0/ScreamFest 2016 Newsletter-03Oct2016.pdf
2016 Needs Parent
to help make this event possible.
The on-line volunteer registration form is up and running! Edits may be made as we go. You can link to it here: [ http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4eadab2aa1ff2-roms1 |http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4eadab2aa1ff2-roms1 ]
Home work Club. Extra support will be available to students on the following days:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 8:00-9:00 am in Room 215 and
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:08-4:08 pm in Room 215
Please ask your teacher for details!
A reminder to parents to contact the ROMS Safe Arrival Line at 250-479-0999 or email email@example.com if your child will be absent or late.
mark your calendar for our next
PAC Meeting On Thursday, October 20th. It is great to have the support of so many ROMS parents.
On GOING Fund raising: Thanks to the businesses that sponsor fund raising for our school!
CO-OP NUMBER: (58597) Put this number in your phone and don't forget
to use it when you pay at the gas station or grocer.
Country Grocer receipts: Save your receipts as PAC can earn gift cards to Country Grocer. The collection envelope is hanging by the PAC Bulletin Board at school.
COBS bread: PAC participates in the COBS bread fund raising program. Mention Royal Oak when you go in and 5% will go back to our school with every purchase.
Tru Value Grocery Store in Cordova Bay: Please mention Royal Oak, number 37. Tru Value donates a portion of every transaction to the local community.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ROMS!
MORE WITH SPC THE Student Price Card! AND SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL
Save more when you shop.
With offers and discounts at over 120+ retailers, SPC gives you access to all the brands you love.
Think ALDO, American Eagle Outfitters, Forever 21, Old Navy, Taco Bell ,Urban Outfitters, Bath & Body Works, West 49 and the list goes on and on.
If you're a student all you need to do is show your SPC Card to receive instant savings every time you shop. Offers vary but most are 10%-15% off*.