ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Friday, October 7, 2016
Act of Kindness Team:
There will be a meeting for the RAK Challenge filming crew in Ms.Broome's office at recess
Vocal Ensemble: There is a Vocal Ensemble rehearsal today at 1:16 in the band room. New members are always welcome.
Popcorn Sales: Thank you to all ROMS students who are making and buying popcorn. Your efforts are helping Yanelys (Pronounced: YA NEL IS) in the Dominican Repulblic with her education. Royal Oak been supporting Yanelys since she was in grade 6. Yanelys is now completing her teacher training so she can help others in her village. Due to increases in the cost of supplies, popcorn will be sold for $1.50 per bag starting next week. Great work ROMS!!
No School Monday: A reminder to all students and staff that there will not be school on Monday, October 10th due to a Stat Holiday.
grade 8 ROMS students:
grade 8 farewell hoodies are available to order and purchase at the
lunch break from Wednesday to Friday this
week. Try them on, pick up an order form and bring back with payment
TIME OFFER...ACT FAST!!
Photo Orders: A reminder to students and staff to hand your photo orders into the office as soon as possible.
Pizza Day – Classes will be called in the following order: Orca Hallway, then Raven Hallway, then Thunderbird Hallway and then Wolf Hallway. Helpers:: Div 8-1
Congratulations to the Royal Oak X-Country team on their performance at the Beaver Lake meet yesterday. We had some great performances and efforts by the Eagles runners. Great job! We will have our next practice Tuesday morning and our next meet is on Thursday October 13 at Lambrick.
Grade 7/8 Girls Basketball: Attention all grade 7 and 8 girls interested in playing recreational basketball this season. There will be a quick meeting this morning at FIRST recess in the gym to discuss. Rec basketball offers a fun way to be active and all grade 7 and 8 girls are welcome.
Grade 6/7 Boys Basketball: Reminder to all grade 6 and 7 boys interested in playing basketball of your team selection practice today at SECOND recess. Please be there by 1:20 dressed in PE strip ready to practice.
Swim Club: The
2016 ROMS Swim Club season is set to begin next week. There will be
an important meeting for all students who are interested in swim club
today during SECOND recess in the MPR. All students are welcome to
join! Please help remind your friends and be there on time!
ROMS TV NEWS @ 12:32
Friday's ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Friday, October 7th
Did you know your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
There are 20 days until Screamfest! Get your tickets tomorrow at Lunch outside the office. The haunted house is double scary compared to last year! Money raised from this event goes to help purchase a new play structure equipment for Royal Oak .
1) Who is Baby Nora? Ms Prevost is the newest grandma at Royal Oak with the arrival of her first grand child, baby Nora. According to Ms Prevost, baby Nora is the cutest baby in the world. Ms Prevost has over 1000 photos of her grand child on her phone. See Ms Prevost in the LC for photos of baby Nora!
2) School Photos - If you want to order your school photos, return your order form with payment to the office. No need to bring back the package. You can also order your photos on line from Lifetouch. . Photo Retake day will be October 19th.
3) Lost and Found! Check out the lost and found this week for your missing items before it is donated to charity on Monday. .
4) It's Fire Prevention Week is next week! You know what that means! Ring ring!
5) Outdoor PE equipment: If you borrow an outdoor basketball or soccer ball from the blue bin at recess, please return it when done.
6) Water bottle flipping: Due to the numerous water spills and water bottles landing on high window ledges, we are now saying no to this game. The custodian has better things to do besides mopping up from water spills and removing water bottles from ledges.
7) Parent Teacher interviews are coming up on Oct 18th and 19th.. Be sure to remind your parents!
8) Who is Ty Albrecht? Stay tuned tomorrow to find out who Ty is
9) Grade 8's - order your grade 8 2017 Hoodie – The Hoodies are on sale at lunch!
10) The RO soccer and basketball teams are running full steam. If you have questions about playing on teams at RO, talk to Mr Menzies in the gym!
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further News updates.
Thanks for choosing ROMS TV as your favourite News station
Parents & PAC Royal Oak Review @ noon:
ROMS Craft Fair – Silent Auction – Saturday, November 26th 9:30 am-3:00 pm – Admission by Donation. Visit the PAC webpage under the “Parent” tab on our school website for further details and registration forms. Contact Tracey Rompain for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost & Found – The lost & found is very full. Please check it and see if any items belong to you! Any unclaimed items will be donated to charity on Tuesday, October 11th.
Important information and facts regarding SCREAMFEST please read: /pluginfile.php/6281/mod_resource/content/0/ScreamFest 2016 Newsletter-03Oct2016.pdf
2016 Needs Parent
to help make this event possible.
The on-line volunteer registration form is up and running! Edits may be made as we go. You can link to it here: [ http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4eadab2aa1ff2-roms1 |http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4eadab2aa1ff2-roms1 ]
Home work Club. Extra support will be available to students on the following days:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 8:00-9:00 am in Room 215 and
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:08-4:08 pm in Room 215
Please ask your teacher for details!
A reminder to parents to contact the ROMS Safe Arrival Line at 250-479-0999 or email email@example.com if your child will be absent or late.
mark your calendar for our next
PAC Meeting On Thursday, October 20th. It is great to have the support of so many ROMS parents.
On GOING Fund raising: Thanks to the businesses that sponsor fund raising for our school!
CO-OP NUMBER: (58597) Put this number in your phone and don't forget
to use it when you pay at the gas station or grocer.
Country Grocer receipts: Save your receipts as PAC can earn gift cards to Country Grocer. The collection envelope is hanging by the PAC Bulletin Board at school.
COBS bread: PAC participates in the COBS bread fund raising program. Mention Royal Oak when you go in and 5% will go back to our school with every purchase.
Tru Value Grocery Store in Cordova Bay: Please mention Royal Oak, number 37. Tru Value donates a portion of every transaction to the local community.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ROMS!
MORE WITH SPC THE Student Price Card! AND SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL
Save more when you shop.
With offers and discounts at over 120+ retailers, SPC gives you access to all the brands you love.
Think ALDO, American Eagle Outfitters, Forever 21, Old Navy, Taco Bell ,Urban Outfitters, Bath & Body Works, West 49 and the list goes on and on.
If you're a student all you need to do is show your SPC Card to receive instant savings every time you shop. Offers vary but most are 10%-15% off*.