ROMS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Flute sectional today at 1:16 in the band room.
Ms. Fuller's Block 2 PE Class: Miss Fuller's Block 2 PE Class are reminded to bring their duo tang and pencil to class today for their Football QUIZ.
Mindful Drawing Club starts on Wednesday October 12, during lunch activity time in Ms. Noel's class, Room 223. All welcome! Please bring a Blank Journal, your felts,pencil, pencil crayons and glue. This is a group where you can draw independently or participate with a guided activity. It is the perfect place to meet and hang out with friends. Ms. Spencer & Ms. Noel
Canteen today: On sale at recess today - Cookies $1.00, smoothies 50 cents
Attention grade 8 ROMS students: grade 8 farewell hoodies are available to order and purchase at the lunch break from Wednesday to Friday this week. Try them on, pick up an order form and bring back with payment ASAP. LIMITED TIME OFFER...ACT FAST!!
Screamfest tickets on sale today at lunch and after school in main foyer. $5. each
6/7 Girls Basketball:
Attention all grade 6 and 7 girls interested in basketball. The second Team Selection practice is today at SECOND recess. Please be there on time and in full PE strip. All girls are welcome to attend. If you are not able to attend, please contact Mr. Menzies to register before the end of the day tomorrow if you are interested.
Grade 6/7 Boys Soccer: The 6/7 Boys Soccer practice after school today has been cancelled. A new practice will be rescheduled soon so stay tuned.
Grade 7/8 Girls Soccer: Congratulations to the 7/8 girls soccer team on their tournament success last night. The girls outscored their opponents 9 - 4 in their matches against SMUS and Bayside. Great job girls!
Boys Basketball: Attention all grade 6, 7, and 8 boys basketball players. There will be a very important meeting for all boys interested in playing basketball this season today at SECOND RECESS in the multi-purpose room. All players must attend or contact Mr. Menzies today if they cannot make the meeting.
ROMS TV NEWS @ 12:32
Thursday's ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News stories for Thursday, October 6th
Did you know that Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto?
The Toronto Blue Jays faced the Baltimore Orioles in a sudden-death game, the amazing win sent the Blue Jays on to the Division Series! Go Blue Jays!
There are 21 days until Screamfest! Get your tickets today and tomorrow at Lunch outside the office. The haunted house is double in size from last year! Tickets are $5 to get into the event. Money raised from this goes to help buy us a new play structure equipment. See you at Screamfest!
1) Who is Mr. Stanchfield? Mr Stanchfield is a grade 8 SS, LA and PE teacher here at Royal Oak. He grew up in Williams Lake B.C. and has operated heavy equipment in the logging industry for numerous summers. Mr. Stanchfield is a committed RO teacher who expects the best! He has recently switched from his favourite hockey team, the Boston Bruins, to the Vancouver Canucks. Go Canucks Go!
2) ROMS extra curricular sports is underway with the grade 7 and 8 girls soccer team playing two strong teams last night! The girls lost one game but played strong to win their second game. Well done girls!
3) If you want to order your school photos, return your package with full payment to the office. Photo Retake day will be October 19 in block 1.
4) Lost and Found! The lost and found is full. You need to check out the lost and found this week before it is donated to charity.
5) It's Fire Prevention Week is next week! Classes are asked to review the procedures. There will be a fire drill where Sannich Fire Dept will be here to observe us!
6) Outdoor PE equipment: If you borrow an outdoor basketball or soccer ball from the blue bin at recess, or lunch, you are asked to return it when done.
7) Litter! Reminder that we all have to do our part to make sure we do not drop our garbage on the ground. A big thank you to the classes that have cleaned up their assigned section.
8) Parent Teacher interviews are coming up on Oct 18th and 19th.. Be sure to remind your parents to book a time to meet with your teachers!
9) Who is Baby Nora? Stay tuned tomorrow to find out about Nora!
10) Grade 8's reminder to order your grade 8 Hoodie – on sale at lunch outside the office.
That concludes our TV news cast for today! Please join us tomorrow for further News updates.
Thanks for choosing ROMS TV as your number one News station
Parents & PAC Royal Oak Review @ noon:
Lost & Found – The lost & found is very full. Please check it and see if any items belong to you! Any unclaimed items will be donated to charity on Tuesday, October 11th.
Important information and facts regarding SCREAMFEST please read: /pluginfile.php/6281/mod_resource/content/0/ScreamFest 2016 Newsletter-03Oct2016.pdf
2016 Needs Parent
to help make this event possible.
The on-line volunteer registration form is up and running! Edits may be made as we go. You can link to it here: [ http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4eadab2aa1ff2-roms1 |http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4eadab2aa1ff2-roms1 ]
Home work Club. Extra support will be available to students on the following days:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 8:00-9:00 am in Room 215 and
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:08-4:08 pm in Room 215
Please ask your teacher for details!
A reminder to parents to contact the ROMS Safe Arrival Line at 250-479-0999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will be absent or late.
mark your calendar for our next
PAC Meeting On Thursday, October 20th. It is great to have the support of so many ROMS parents.
On GOING Fund raising: Thanks to the businesses that sponsor fund raising for our school!
CO-OP NUMBER: (58597) Put this number in your phone and don't forget
to use it when you pay at the gas station or grocer.
Country Grocer receipts: Save your receipts as PAC can earn gift cards to Country Grocer. The collection envelope is hanging by the PAC Bulletin Board at school.
COBS bread: PAC participates in the COBS bread fund raising program. Mention Royal Oak when you go in and 5% will go back to our school with every purchase.
Tru Value Grocery Store in Cordova Bay: Please mention Royal Oak, number 37. Tru Value donates a portion of every transaction to the local community.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ROMS!
MORE WITH SPC THE Student Price Card! AND SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL
Save more when you shop.
With offers and discounts at over 120+ retailers, SPC gives you access to all the brands you love.
Think ALDO, American Eagle Outfitters, Forever 21, Old Navy, Taco Bell ,Urban Outfitters, Bath & Body Works, West 49 and the list goes on and on.
If you're a student all you need to do is show your SPC Card to receive instant savings every time you shop. Offers vary but most are 10%-15% off*.