Friday, September 30, 2016
All students and staff wearing Orange will meet at the front of the school for photo at 11:30 today. Doug and Kathy Lafortune who designed and carved our welcome pole and hallway murals will be joining us for the photo. Please come out right after the recess bell so we can quickly get the photo taken.
There's a Random Act of Kindness filming crew meeting in Ms.Broome's office at recess.
It's Pizza Friday! Classes will be called in the following orders: Wolf, Orca, Raven, Thunderbird
Helpers are from the Cross Country team.
Attention to any and all students interested in playing on a Royal Oak Basketball team this season. There will be a very important meeting in the gym today at SECOND recess to discuss the upcoming season and also to hand out information. Students who cannot make the meeting must contact Mr. Menzies ASAP to get a notice.
Congratulations to the grade 6/7 boys soccer team for doing their best in a hard fought tournament last night at Gordon Head. The team gave it their all and lots of fun. Great job boys!
Attention Athletic Leadership Members. There will be a meeting during advisory today to discuss and plan events and schedules. Please bring your lunch to the gym at 12:47 today.
ROMS TV NEWS @ 12:32
Friday's ROMS TV Announcements
Good afternoon Royal Oak! Here is your TV News for Friday, Sept 30th
Did you know that only 2% of the earths population has green eyes! Do you have green eyes?
1) Orange Shirt Day! – As you know, today is the day we wear Orange Shirts! This event is to honour and respect those who experienced Residential Schools in Canada. A big thank you to all students and staff who have participated in this significant event today.
2) Halloween Scream Fest is on Oct 27 and 28th! This years event is shaping up to be bigger, scarier and better than last year. Tickets be limited to 500 per people per night so get yours fast! There has already been 400 tickets sold. You do not want to miss out on this scream of an event.
3) Royal News! Prince William and Princes Kate will be spending the day in Haida Gwaii, formally the Queen Charlotte islands. William and Kate will enjoy touring the island, meeting the island people, paddling canoes, as well as ocean fishing.
4) If you have not checked out the amazing grade 8 “leaf” art display in the office hallway, be sure to do so.
4) Who is Mr. Menzies and what does he do at Royal Oak? Stay tuned to Monday's news cast to find out the details!
5) Which team defeated the Edmonton Oilers Thursday night? That would be the Vancouver Canucks! Be sure to watch the Canucks in action tonight as they take on the Flames. Go Canucks Go!
That concludes our News report for today! Please join us tomorrow for further News updates.
Thanks for tuning into ROMS TV!
Parents & PAC Royal Oak Review @ noon:
2016 Needs Parent
to help make this event possible.
The on-line volunteer registration form is up and running! Edits may be made as we go. You can link to it here: [ http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4eadab2aa1ff2-roms1 |http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4eadab2aa1ff2-roms1 ]
Home work Club. Extra support will be available to students on the following days:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 8:00-9:00 am in Room 215 and
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:08-4:08 pm in Room 215
Please ask your teacher for details!
A reminder to parents to contact the ROMS Safe Arrival Line at 250-479-0999 or email email@example.com if your child will be absent or late.
mark your calendar for our next
PAC Meeting On Thursday, October 20th. It is great to have the support of so many ROMS parents.
On GOING Fund raising: Thanks to the businesses that sponsor fund raising for our school!
PENINSULA CO-OP NUMBER: (58597) Put this number in your phone and don't forget to use it when you pay at the gas station or grocer.
Country Grocer receipts: Save your receipts as PAC can earn gift cards to Country Grocer. The collection envelope is hanging by the PAC Bulletin Board at school.
COBS bread: PAC participates in the COBS bread fund raising program. Mention Royal Oak when you go in and 5% will go back to our school with every purchase.
Tru Value Grocery Store in Cordova Bay: Please mention Royal Oak, number 37. Tru Value donates a portion of every transaction to the local community.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ROMS!
MORE WITH SPC THE Student Price Card! AND SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL
Save more when you shop.
With offers and discounts at over 120+ retailers, SPC gives you access to all the brands you love.
Think ALDO, American Eagle Outfitters, Forever 21, Old Navy, Taco Bell ,Urban Outfitters, Bath & Body Works, West 49 and the list goes on and on.
If you're a student all you need to do is show your SPC Card to receive instant savings every time you shop. Offers vary but most are 10%-15% off*.