PJ day!! If all grade 6 and 7 hm room classes - Please send a count of how many students are wearing PJ's today to the office after announcements, - the class with the most win a prize!!
Many grade 8 students are on a ski trip today and you'll notice the school feels empty. We wish them a fun and safe day! They will return to ROMS around 7:30pm this evening.
All grade 8 students (PE and FAAS) that are here today are to report to the gym in block 4 for PE.
Reminder that tomorrow is the School District Pro D – no students in attendance on Friday.
Girls can join in Pro G – a Pro D day for girls! Please see Mrs. Mathews in to hand in your forms. All permission forms need to be handed in by lunchtime. Come and join in this AWESOME Day!
Reminder to Miss Fuller's Block 3 PE 6 class. Get changed and then make your way to Room 222 (Blue Floor) to write your Volleyball Quiz.
Grade 7 Intramurals is cancelled today during lunch activity time
Grade 6/7 Competitive boys volleyball players have a home game today after school from 3:08 to 4:45.
Grade 6 Band Sectionals today at 12:47 are Trumpets & Trombones.
If all classes could take their own paper recycle bin out today as there is no school tomorrow or Gr 8 team to do this.
Are you interested in Singing, Dancing, Acting? Then join Musical Theatre! There will be an information session about Musical Theatre next Tuesday February 19th (not Thursday) during Advisory time at 12:47 in the MPR room! So bring your lunch and come and find out what Musical Theatre is all about!
Today is the last day for Handbags for Hope – the collection box is outside the office.
1) Ski Trip - Gr 8 Parents picking up students tonight. Please do not block the drive way. It will be very crowed. The busses will drop students off on Viewmont as there will not be room to park the 3 large ski buses.
2) Gulf Islands Film and TV school brochure will be given out today for interested students. There are spring and summer camps available for Middle School Students.
3) Gr 8 Parents - A blue Field Trip permission notice to Claremont is coming your way. Please sign and return on Monday or Tuesday. There is a Orientation trip on Feb 28th and a trip on April 22 to seen the Claremont Musical. It is very important to get this form back signed before it goes missing. Please ask your child for it!
--All of the Grade 8 Transition information is on our website – click on the billboard button on the front page.
4) We will be having our annual Lockdown Drill on Monday. It is important that we practice this procedure in the very rare chance we might have to account for all students.
5) The Saanich School Board is distributing a proposed calendar for 2013-2014 for feedback from the parent and guardian community.
Please find on-line survey link below to provide your feedback and the proposed calendar details are listed below the link. (see the ROMS website also for the link)
FEEDBACK IS REQUIRED BY MONDAY FEBRUARY 18TH, 2013.
Please fill it out the survey on-line:
COPACS will be distributing 25-50 hard copy versions of the survey to all elementary and middle schools on Tuesday February 12, 2013 and will be collecting them on Monday February 18th, 2013.